Get more hotel bookings with these WiFi, CCTV and Telecoms tips
Posted 06 August 2018
With October weather predicted to stay at an all-time high, UK holidaymakers are expected to vacate for longer. Great news for your hospitality business!
Your Sussex hotel could be enjoying more bookings, but if it’s not, could your WiFi, CCTV or Telecoms be the problem?
Hotels, B&B’s and Vacation Rentals in the South East of England come in all shapes and sizes. We’ve installed in thick-walled Victorian buildings, B&B’s hosting from separated annexes and hotels with luxurious spa facilities. The important bit is we’ve found solutions to their unique issues and this is what we wanted to share.
Hotel WiFi Tips
Research has shown that there is only one thing that guests would prefer over a complimentary breakfast or free parking, and that is Wi-Fi. (Source: Hotels.com 2013 Survey). Also, hotels that offer WiFi saw that guests would spend 50% more money in the hotel than average (NETGEAR).
What WiFi can offer your business
- Quicker check-in
- Improved room and dinner service
- Ease in leaving that essential Tripadvisor review
- Entertainment to customers
- Increased business stay bookings
- Engagement with your brand
- Marketing opportunities
How to get better WiFi
- Implement access points and boosters throughout the building
- Use control features
- Set a maximum amount of browsing time
- Restrict the ability to download
- Including staff, restrict how many people can use it at one time
- Choose a WiFi service provider
Hotel CCTV Tips
If your hospitality businesses takes advantage of CCTV it’ll not only ensure the safety of your boarders, staff and property but also display that you’re staying current. All around the world, high quality video security systems are helping many types of hotels to protect themselves.
What CCTV can offer your business
- Staff protection
- Customer protection
- Protection of your business property
- Monitoring your premises 24/7 with remote access
- Helping your business to conform to health and safety legislation
- Helping reduce insurance premiums
- Monitoring high-risk areas such as pools and spa facilities
How to choose better CCTV for your hotel
- Choose weatherproof cameras for outside of buildings
- Place cameras in hard to reach areas
- Choose vandal proof cameras for high-risk areas
- Choose a variable focal lens to monitor specific areas such as tills
- Ask about screen masking on areas, not within your establishment i.e neighbours/public property
- Choose a PTZ camera for areas in the property needing wide coverage
- Ask about setting up security so that only designated staff can view footage
- Request CCTV alerts for notifications of unusual activity
- Choose door entry cameras and offer safe 24check-in
- Give managers increased flexibility with access to view live footage remotely
Hotel Telcoms Tips
As you know, efficient communication within your hotel is essential to it’s everyday running. Not only can you organise your business but you can increase the quality of service and thus it’s revenue.
What Telecoms can offer your business
- Improved room and dinner service
- Better communication between staff and guests
- Better operations between different hotel departments
- Manned reception 24 hours a day so you don’t miss any bookings
How to get better Telcoms for your Hotel
- Choose a reservation line for your restaurant to increase efficiency in bookings
- Ask about free mobile apps for staff such as caretakers and managers who are on the move
- Offer guests customer-controlled or system-controlled wake-up calls
- Ask about setting room status whilst in the room – for example, ‘requires cleaning’, ‘ready for occupancy’ or ‘maintenance required’
- Free calls between staff no matter if they are in the hotel or out
- Door entry phones can offer safer 24 hour check-in
Calibre Comms has a long history of working with Hotels throughout East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent, Surrey and even as far as London.
We will work with you to produce a bespoke solution that really works for your hotel. We provide a full end to end solution; from planning right through to installation and training.
For further information on all of our products and how we can help you integrate it into your hotel, B&B or Vacation Rentals please complete this form. Alternatively, you can call a member of our friendly team on 01323 815015 or email us on email@example.com.
"We selected Calibre’s maintenance package because it gave us peace of mind if we were to experience any problems with our telephone system – a component that is crucial to our Company’s operation. It has proved to be a hugely cost effective option that, fortunately, we have rarely had to rely on! Such has been the levels of professionalism and forward thinking demonstrated by Calibre that we eventually went on to renew our system with them as well. Simply put, Calibre has allowed us to access solutions for today’s problems and tomorrow’s requirements."
"After evaluating various proposals, we decided to use Calibre because they really took the time to assess our needs. There were also technical issues to be overcome to ensure the new equipment worked with our front of house. Calibre again spent time evaluating these. The result was a seamless changeover, with minimum disruption to the hotel or guests. Equally important was that the system is tailored to our exact specifications."
"Calibre Comms listened closely to all our requirements and helped us to choose a Panasonic package that was both cost effective and professional. Throughout the whole process we never felt pressured or bamboozled by “tech speak” and were impressed by the seamless changeover from our old system to the new."
"As a small business we are dependent upon reliable, specialist, independent advice in areas that we do not understand. Prior to our recent move, we contracted Calibre Communications to advise on telecoms systems and requirements. Their no nonsense approach was refreshingly different to the plethora of companies that had emailed and called us previously and we were delighted with the system they installed."
"We have been extremely pleased with Calibre Communications and the supply of our new telephone system. We have just had it installed which went amazingly well over all sites with an excellent service by Colin one of the installation engineers whose knowledge was incredible and any little problem was sorted out in minutes. The training that he gave was excellent and the staff soon got to grips with the system. An excellent overall package from Mick Watts who came an assessed our needs..."
"We had already made cost savings by switching our lines to Calibre and when we were looking to replace our existing phone system they were our first choice due to the good relationship that existed. Initial teething problems with the new system, no matter how small, were dealt with quickly, efficiently and courteously."
Refresh your telecoms with our complimentary review
We will happily talk you through all of your options.