Posted 05 December 2017
Diverse Routing: A plan ‘B’ for your company’s telecoms
Reliable telecommunications are the backbone of any business, so when something goes wrong it’s always handy to have a ‘plan B’ lined up to keep you running – and this is where diverse routing enters the equation.
How we can help you plan for the unthinkable
- Think about how much it would cost your business if you missed customer calls and new business alike!
- Diverse routing offers a second destination for inbound call traffic to be sent to in the event of a local exchange or cable failure, meaning your customers can still reach a point of contact rather than a dead line.
- Simply put, your calls remain routed to your primary location, but if there is a power cut, local exchange or cable failure, they are then routed away from your office to a designated secondary location.
- As well as keeping a port of call between you and your existing clients, network routing also ensures potential leads are still able to reach you and helps to significantly lower the risk of new business going away from you due to the inability to get in touch.
- An alternative for keeping your telecommunication system running, in the event of technical issues, is to consider investing in an uninterruptible power supply (more commonly known as UPS), which gives you a back up power source in the event of an outage at your premises.
Get a free evaluation of your requirements.
Build an extra layer of resilience into your Comms
Diverse or alternative routing can help provide an extra route for your network in the event of cable failure. Talk to us about the available options such as Leased Lines.
Receive a free evaluation by filling in the form below.
Refresh your telecoms with our complimentary review
We will happily talk you through all of your options.